Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Lazy Days

        Wow!  I can't believe how many of you guys out there are still teaching.  My last day with my kiddos was Friday (the 14th).  Because I live in northeast Florida ever since the 2004 Hurricane season my district has built "weather days" into our schedule.  And knock on wood, yes, I actually knocked, we haven't needed to use any of the six days ever.  As a result we get random days off periodically during the year.  Lucky for us three of our days were Monday-today of this week and officially winter break begins tomorrow.  I must admit that I have surely enjoyed this time off!  I have already had a chance to analyze my "winter" math data, panic, regain control and make a math plan for when we return to school January 2.  I am happy to announce I have also read two books that are no way related to school or teaching.  I read Mitch Albom's newest the timekeeper and it was amazing!  My sister got it for me for my birthday and I hadn't had a chance to read it yet.  Then I tackled The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick and L-O-V-E-D loved it!  As you may remember I tend to choose books to read based on if they are making a movie out of it and this book was chosen for exactly that reason.  The theme of the book is really kind of serious but the presentation is light and parts of it are absolutely hilarious.  I read one book on Monday and the other on Tuesday.  Today I made it a movie day.  I watched several movies that I know the hubby doesn't love as much as me and have been a total bum . . . but this is what vacation is for, right?!?  I'm not sure what tomorrow holds but I wish you and yours well as Christmas approaches and if you are still teaching hang in there!

1 comment:

  1. A break should be just that a break. Great that you are getting to enjoy your break! I am not there yet. One more day!

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete