Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Questionnaire

         I am linking up with Fabulous in First to take part in her Christmas Questionnaire, only a few days late.  I'm not sure what's more fun answering the questions or reading others' responses.

Hot Chocolate or Eggnog? 
I am a hot chocolate person all the way!  For the last few years my husband and I have received the flavored hot chocolates and boy are they yummy!!!  I think my all time favorite is the French Vanilla.  If you see it it's a must try!
Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them underneath the tree? 
Santa visits at my in-laws (Bill and I are still waiting for our turn) and apparently he doesn't wrap the gifts.  Although growing up everything was wrapped and I think it was all from Santa, if my memory is correct.
Colored lights or white? 
YES!  I love both.  I like the white lights outside and the colored lights on the tree.  Bill prefers the white and since I don't put them up . . . we compromise :)

When do you decorate?
Our six month wedding anniversary was on December 5th so this was our tradition the first year.  We have done the day after Thanksgiving a few times too.

Real or Fake Tree? 
REAL!  I love the smell and don't mind the mess, plus it's what I grew up with as a child.

What Tops Your Tree?
A star. 

Favorite Christmas Memories or Traditions?
We have always, for as long as I can remember, celebrated Christmas Eve with my mom's family.  Now that I am married this is "my family's" day.  It's rushed and crazy but I love it!
 
Do you remember your favorite gift as a child? 
Apparently my Cricket doll was the hit of 1986.  I don't totally remember the event but I've seen the video.

Do prefer giving or receiving? 
BOTH.  I love finding that perfect gift for everyone on the list but it also melts my heart to know that others can find that "perfect" gift for me too without a list.

What is your favorite Christmas song? 
I have two.  I love I'll be Home for Christmas and Christmas Shoes.  Both are sad, but they tug at my heart and I'm a sucker for that stuff.

Candy Canes. Yuck or Yum? 

I could take 'em or leave 'em.  The traditional candy canes, yuck!  But they have so many new flavors some of them I like :)
  Favorite Christmas Movie? 
I love Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life, and The Polar Express.

Do you shop online or at stores?
We do both.  I love the convenience and lack of lines online but the touching and seeing of the stores.
Photo Cards, Letter or Store Bought Card?
We don't send cards.  I know I know ten Christmases together and no cards.  Every year we say "next year" maybe the 11th time will be the charm.  I do love picture cards or store bought cards with a small note.  NOT the letter of the year's events, dude shouldn't I have been aware of all that stuff as it happened.
        I'm not sure what's more fun answering the questions or reading others' responses. If you haven't had a chance to participate head over there now!

No comments:

Post a Comment