Did anyone else start singing the rest of the song Summer Lovin' from Grease after hearing about this link party? I just couldn't help myself . . . I guess that's a preview to my many quirks. This sounds like a really fun linky party that Mrs. Lemons from Step into 2nd Grade with Mrs. Lemons is hosting.
So are just a few of my many quirks:
1. I am super organized at school but my house . . . not so much-it's more like kind of organized chaos.
2. I have a freaky memory especially when it comes to numbers. I remember dates, phone numbers, etc... I still remember the birth dates of my former students.
3. I love crime shows Criminal Minds is my favorite. I think that if I wasn't a teacher I might like to be a profiler but only if I don't have to be around dead bodies-OK so maybe that wouldn't be a good job for me.
4. I HATE spiders! Part of the reason is because I am allergic to them and the other part is because let's face it, they're just creepy!
5. I have a frog theme at school and a collection numbering well over 500 frogs and it all started as a complete accident!
6. I would like to be a professor at a college teaching/monitoring student/first year teachers or possibly a standards coach once my time as a classroom teacher is complete-but I'm kind of scared of grown ups.
7. I look young for my age. I will be 32 in October but still get carded if I decide to have an adult beverage so each year at Open House I work into my speech how long I have been teaching. Parents are amazed every year at the length of time I've spent in the classroom and tell me.
8. I like to read but not on an electronic device. I like REAL books. I still visit the public library and not just or books for my students to use.
9. I almost couldn't get on Pinterest because I don't have a facebook account. So I joined Twitter instead and my one and only tweet says something to the effect that I only joined to get on Pinterest.
10. I'm a little anti-social but not deliberately. I just don't like large groups (of grown ups). I'm awkward. BUT get me in a small group (or a room full of kids) and I would do anything for you, listen to you without repeating what you say, and might even be a little funny. I've been known to be hilarious.
I'm sure there are many many more things that I could share I just don't think I will. At least not now. Have a happy Tuesday!