Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Tell Me More, Tell Me More!!! (linky)

        Did anyone else start singing the rest of the song Summer Lovin' from Grease after hearing about this link party?  I just couldn't help myself . . . I guess that's a preview to my many quirks.  This sounds like a really fun linky party that Mrs. Lemons from Step into 2nd Grade with Mrs. Lemons is hosting.

 

So are just a few of my many quirks:

1.  I am super organized at school but my house . . . not so much-it's more like kind of organized chaos.

2.  I have a freaky memory especially when it comes to numbers.  I remember dates, phone numbers, etc...  I still remember the birth dates of my former students. 

3.  I love crime shows Criminal Minds is my favorite.  I think that if I wasn't a teacher I might like to be a profiler but only if I don't have to be around dead bodies-OK so maybe that wouldn't be a good job for me.

4.  I HATE spiders!  Part of the reason is because I am allergic to them and the other part is because let's face it, they're just creepy!

5.  I have a frog theme at school and a collection numbering well over 500 frogs and it all started as a complete accident!

6.  I would like to be a professor at a college teaching/monitoring student/first year teachers or possibly a standards coach once my time as a classroom teacher is complete-but I'm kind of scared of grown ups.

7.  I look young for my age.  I will be 32 in October but still get carded if I decide to have an adult beverage so each year at Open House I work into my speech how long I have been teaching.  Parents are amazed every year at the length of time I've spent in the classroom and tell me. 

8.  I like to read but not on an electronic device.  I like REAL books.  I still visit the public library and not just or books for my students to use.

9.  I almost couldn't get on Pinterest because I don't have a facebook account.  So I joined Twitter instead and my one and only tweet says something to the effect that I only joined to get on Pinterest.

10.  I'm a little anti-social but not deliberately.  I just don't like large groups (of grown ups).  I'm awkward.  BUT get me in a small group (or a room full of kids) and I would do anything for you, listen to you without repeating what you say, and might even be a little funny.  I've been known to be hilarious.  

        I'm sure there are many many more things that I could share I just don't think I will.  At least not now.  Have a happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. I love you already! I have a frog classroom too! I have tons in my classroom...I even have a frog mailbox. I like real books too! It is so nice to meet you. I now follow your froggy blog. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. I shared a frog poem recently. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I will hop right over :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you joined Twitter just to get on Pinterest. Haha! I had to ask someone on Facebook to send me an invite too. I don't understand that whole process. It just seems silly, but whatever. I love your idea of working in your number of years teaching at open house. I need to start doing that. Looking young can definitely be tricky in this industry because parents associate it with inexperience. Oh, how wrong they are. :)

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete