Monday, September 26, 2011

Are you ready for some word work?

        So it is official, we began Words Their Way (WTW) today!  The students have their list of words and we began looking at our words and sorting them according to the pattern.  I was very impressed with how well everyone worked on this task the first day.  Many of the students were able to determine the rule for a majority of the words even before I made it to their group for guidance, which was awesome!  I am hoping that with more practice of working with the words this knowledge that they are acquiring will transfer into their writing.  The plan right now is to spend two weeks on each list so that they can learn how to spell the words as well as read them.  So . . . I am in need of great activity ideas so that the lists can be used for ten school days.  I have several options that I found in the WTW book, but I am curious if you are using WTW which activities do your students enjoy?  If I find anything that my students really enjoy I will be sure to share with you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment