Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day Fabulous-ness!

        Today was a fabulous first day!  I was very impressed how well the students adjusted to not only being in third grade but also a new teacher, a new classroom, and even new classmates.  Today was the kind of day that makes me very excited for the rest of the year!  I hope that your child felt the same way.
       
        I wanted to take just a few minutes to tell you about a couple of things-

*Today your child brought home the first of many classroom newsletters.  The classroom newsletter will go home every Monday (or the first day of the week).  You can always look for it to be in the clear pocket in the back of your child's planner/agenda.  I strongly encourage you to review the newsletter because it is filled with lots of information about the class, school, etc. . .

*If you did not yet return your child's back to school envelope please try to do so by this Friday, August 26.  Please read through all of the forms very carefully as there are several items that must be signed and returned before your child can access many things at school (e.g. library books, the computers, etc. . .)

*Great communication is key to a successful relationship.  Please do not hesitate to write me a note in your child's planner, e-mail me, or call me (the classroom extension is our room number) if you have any questions and/or concerns.  I will do my best to get back to you in 24-hours or less. 

        I am looking forward to a great rest of the year!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment