Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Results Are In!

        First, I must say that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this year's SSYRA books.  I actually had a really hard time deciding on the order of the books-they were all great but for very different reasons.  I think that there is enough variety that every reader will find something that they will enjoy.  With that said, I will now rank this year's books according to my personal reading preferences from fifteen down to one.

15.  Dragon's Egg

14.  The Secret of Zoom

13.  Extra Credit

12.  The 100-year-old Secret

11.  Where the Mountain Meets the Moon

10.  Out of my Mind

9.  Dying to Meet You:  43 Old Cemetery Road

8.  NERDS: National Espionage, Rescue, and Defense Society

7.  How Oliver Olson Changed the World 

6.  Flight of the Phoenix (Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist) 

5.  Alvin Ho: Allergic to Girls, Schools, and Other Scary Stuff

4.  Bobby vs. Girls (Accidentally)

3.  Magic Half

2.  Umbrella Summer

and my all-time favorite book of the year is  . . . drum roll please . . . .

1.  Captain Nobody

        I was able to purchase all but two of this year's books and they are in our classroom library ready to be read (again).  Once we get back to school we will decide on which books we would like to have as class read alouds.  I can't wait to hear/read about your thoughts on the books.  Who knows, maybe you will be able to convince we to change my mind on the order that I have ranked the books.  Happy reading  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment