Sunday, November 13, 2011

Another Test

       OK, I saw this cartoon over at Third Grade Thinkers and just had to blog about it myself.


        Sadly, this is where I feel that we are in education today.  We test our students multiple times during the year to find out if they are ready for THE test.  More often than not I feel that if we just taught our students they would perform on THE test.  It is funny, it's almost like "they" think that all of this testing makes our students better learners and therefore better test takers and maybe it does, but I highly doubt it.  I think that good teaching makes better learners and because of that they are better test takers.  Until the "powers that be" figure it out I will continue to test my students multiple times a year and then use that data to inform my instructional decisions. 

1 comment: