Thursday, January 12, 2012

15 Minutes

        Today I had my observation for making it to the top 25 for teacher of the year for my district.  I am a lover of reading-so I made a small adjustment in my schedule so that this is what they could observe.  I planned out my lesson.  I prepped my kids (as far as not being nervous that people were coming in to see us) and then the door opened . . . we went through the lesson . . . then fifteen minutes later they left.  I then felt a little silly about being so nervous.  I don't know if/when I will hear anything about continuing the process of this is as far as I will go.  I will be sure to share if I keep going.  Either way it was a tremendous honor to be a teacher of the year. 
        I hope that everyone has a terrific three-day weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment