Saturday, January 7, 2012

I Need Help, PLEASE : )

        Hi everyone : )  I think that everyone is back to school and I hope that 2012 is treating you well!  We went back to school (teachers and students on the same day) on Tuesday.  I must admit I am a little jealous of all of you out there that had an inservice day before your students came back, oh well. 
        We began a nonfiction unit of study in Reader's and Writer's Workshops upon returning from the break.  I want to teach/refresh my students on the nonfiction text features in Reader's Workshop so that it can help them comprehend their reading . . . as a bonus I am also hoping that those same features will pop up in their reports they are writing in Writer's Workshop. However, I am looking for a new fresh approach.  Does anyone have any fabulous ideas/tips/tricks?  Any texts that I should not be without?  Any suggestions would be VERY much appreciated!!!

1 comment:

  1. Have you checked out Beth Newingham's website? She has a cute idea, making a book of the types of text features.

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete