Sunday, January 29, 2012

Comprehension Toolkit

        Do you have access to the Comprehension Toolkit at your school?  If you do not, you are really missing out and I would highly recommend you speaking to whoever holds the purse strings at your school to looking into purchasing this! 
        You may be thinking why do I need the Comprehension Toolkit?  There are a couple of reasons.  I love the fact that there are a variety of nonfiction articles available for printing on my students' reading level!  They also have six units that walk you through a total of almost thirty great reading topics and strategies.         
        This week we are going to use the articles (still deciding which ones since there are so many great ones) to review the questioning strategy, with nonfiction text this time.  Another wonderful advantage to having access to these articles is that if you choose you can have your students record their thinking right on the text, which is something that the students are not able to do when they read other materials.
        I just wanted to pass along a resource that I have felt has been invaluable since I was introduced to it last year.  It is pretty expensive, but definitely worth it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment