Monday, March 5, 2012

Free Time Guilty Pleasure(s)

        If you are like me embarking on "testing season" you may be thinking . . . free time, what is that?!?  But I think that it is important that we remain strong and keep/find a hobby, even if it is a guilty pleasure.  I have mine.  It is General Hospital.  I have been watching since the mid-nineties.  I actually (sadly) scheduled my classes in college around my show. That's right, I actually avoided classes that took place between 3-4 p.m.  So I am wondering, what you do to unwind after a long and/or stressful day?  Do you have a guilty pleasure?  Do you watch soaps? steal library books (like Jennifer Garner's character in Catch and Release)?  bake?  scrapbook?  or something else altogether?  Even in all of the stress that we are under I think that we should take time to remember to take care of ourselves and have a little fun!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes, yes! I was thinking this very same thing today. We had a wonderful sunny day here and I was sitting on my porch basking in the sun. Oh it felt good! Flipping through magazines is my guilty pleasure. Shouldn't spend the money on them so I only occasionally treat myself. I like watching shows like Pawn Stars and American Pickers! We need to allow ourselves time for these things!

    ReplyDelete