Sunday, April 22, 2012

Back to Normal

        We made it!  My students finished up our state testing last week.  We tested Monday-Thursday for seventy minutes each day.  I am so glad to be done, now we are just waiting (as patiently as possible) for the results.  I am proud of my students they worked so hard all year and throughout the testing.  It was exhausting watching them work and not being able to say or do anything.  So I am SO glad to get back to normal this week.
        This week we will begin our author study of Verna Aardema.  She was an American folktale author that has retold many great stories.  You may know of her book Why Mosquitoes Buzz in People's Ears, it is great for teaching cause and effect but it is not even my favorite of her books.  I stumbled upon her last year and really loved her books so I am excited to read through her books again!
       Do you have a favorite author that you use for an author study?  I am always on the look out for great authors to study!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous that you are finished. We are two weeks away from the Big Test and we are in test prep mode which I really detest! Have fun with Aardema...I love her stuff too. I also like Mark Teague and Pollacco and Tomie DePaola. I love sharing picture books with my third graders. I don't think they are too old!
    Doris@thirdgradethinkers8

    ReplyDelete