Sunday, April 15, 2012

May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor!

        Testing begins tomorrow for my students.  We have two days of reading followed by two days of math.  By lunchtime on Thursday (as long as no one is absent) we will be done.  I am excited to get it over with, is that bad?  I feel that I have prepared my kiddos the best that I know how and now I just need for them to show what they know.  I recently ran across a quote from Aristotle which said, "We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence then is not (a single) act but a habit."  My students have worked toward meeting/exceeding our 3rd grade standards this year and that is what I call working toward the habit of excellence.  I will remind my students tomorrow and everyday afterward that they have everything that they need to answer every question already inside their brain and all that they need to do is retrieve it.
        So as I am approaching my week on state testing I would like to wish everyone else out there the best of luck on with their students and their testing.  And to quote the very "famous" Effie Trinket I say to you, "May the odds be ever in your favor" as you test!

No comments:

Post a Comment