Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Perfect Pinterest Pondering

        OK, so like many of you I have recently expanded my online obsessions from websites, to blogs, and now pinterest.  I have to say, I love it.  One of my favorite things is to find and read quotes.  I love quotes!  I have them everywhere!  So this weekend I found one of my favorite quotes yet.  It said,
"Don't raise your voice,
Improve your argument."
This is AWESOME to me!  As a naturally quiet person that grew up in a relatively peaceful home I have never understood yelling to try to get your point across.  In fact one of my favorite people in the whole world had to adjust to this thinking (the above quote) in order for our relationship to not only thrive but survive.  I remember saying more than once early on in the friendship just because you are louder doesn't make you right.  I am happy to say that this person and I are now extremely close and while I understand that this person is naturally louder than I am we have come to an understanding and if/when we disagree it ninety-nine percent of the time has a much better outcome than before.  After all, nobody's perfect.  Anyway I just had to share my thoughts.  I hope that everyone is having a great week and if your students are testing I hope that they are doing well and you are not going too bonkers.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment