Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Double Digit Multiplication

        Today we tackled double digit multiplication in math.  Can I tell you something funny?  My kids did really well and said that it was easier then "regular" multiplication.  Not sure that I agree with that one but I am glad that they could see that just because the problems got bigger that didn't really make them harder (as long as they had the foundation).  This is the one thing that I want to make sure that I impress upon my students.  If you are ALWAYS listening, watching, and trying you can accomplish almost any task set before you. 

1 comment:

  1. I recently taught this topic too! I completely agree with pushing them to try something new. I think they are almost more at ease with trying something complex because they are so familiar with a teaching style this late in the year.

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete