Monday, July 1, 2013

Another Reading MUST Have Board

        Happy Monday!  I love (summer) Mondays.  I love looking at all of the wonderful projects all of you crafties out there are creating.  Today as I was reading about Tara's Monday Made It!  she made an adorable homework club "board," which I think I can actually replicate-yea!!!  In Tara's post she gave credit to Molly from Lesson's with Laughter as the original creator.  As I was looking all through Molly's blog-I LOVE IT!!! btw and I came across so many wonderful ideas that I am going to do my best to implement into my own classroom.  One of my favorite ideas was her Readbox door.

 
        I'm not sure if this "board" will go on my door or not but this is a definite must have for the 2013-2014 school year.  In my mind what I would like to do is find a place on one of my walls so that I can make the rain gutter book shelves that I've seen all over this summer and actually place the books on the board.  I would love for the kids to choose which books belong here and maybe they could right a recommendation/book review to encourage others to read the book. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for commenting on my son's post. :) He is so excited. BTW...You may intentionally have your settings set so that you are a no-reply blogger but just in case it wasn't intentional, I wanted to let you know that your comments show up that way on my blog. It's a simple fix in your settings if you would like people to be able to respond to your sweet comments. :) Thanks so for making my son's day!
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of having the kids choose books and write their own reviews of them!

    ReplyDelete