Sunday, June 10, 2012

Don't You Just LOVE Yahoo

        Today I was looking through the yahoo news headlines on my phone and I came across a story that made me say, "Finally."  I'll explain in a second.  I don't know about you but there have been several times when I have heard people comment on how I am "just a teacher."  Not to be boastful, but I made very good grades all through school and I don't feel at all that I settled for being a teacher.  I truly feel that I was called into education.  Anyway . . . so the story on yahoo news is titled Smart Careers for Intelligent People and guess what we elementary school teachers made the list!  So if you get a minute check out the article and know that we are finally getting recognized as a profession that is reputable and requires hard work and intelligence and not just one that you do for the summers off (although that is a pretty awesome perk!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment