Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Writing Games: Day 5 FREEBIES :)

        I'm not sure how many of you have been watching the weather reports but with Tropical Storm/Depression (whatever she is) Debby hanging around yesterday I took it upon myself to create three more writing activities from Peggy Kaye's Games for Writing.
   
        The first activity is called "He's So Loud."  The purpose of this activity is to help the students' build their character development as they write their own narratives.  It sounds pretty fun and definitely quick, cheap, and easy to implement in your classroom if you choose.


Click the above picture to download your free copy of He's So Loud.

        The second activity is called "How Many Words?"  This activity challenges the students to write sentences based on words from a predetermined list. 


Click the above picture to download your free copy of How Many Words?

        The third and final activity for today is called "The Three-Sentence Challenge."  This activity is one where the players must write three sentences (clues) to describe without naming a mystery object.  I am hopeful that this activity will be a great intro to summarizing since so many students have difficulty finding the balance between too much and not enough info in a summary, at least that's been my experience anyway.

Click the above picture to download your free copy of The Three Sentence Challenge.

         If you enjoy the game please let me know by leaving me a comment.  If you see something that you need/would like changed (especially typos) let me know that too.  If you know someone that would also like the game please pass it on to them, direct them to my blog or both!

        One more thing, Teaching Maddeness is having a 300 follower giveaway!  So if you get a chance you should definitely check out her blog, it's a great blog and besides who doesn't love free stuff?!? 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole,
    Yes, I agree with you on the summary writing. It is hard to get for them to get it "just right". Thanks for sharing these materials. I'm going to work them into my unit.
    Doris
    Thirdgradethinkers8

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your terrific blog today! When I tried to click on your freebies above I got a message that said HTTP 404 Not found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet compliment! As for the error you are getting, I'm not sure why you received it? The link appears to be working on my end but if you are still having trouble I would be happy to e-mail you the documents. Just let me know :)

      Delete
  3. Great post! I would love a copy of your games that you have posted, but I keep getting an error message. Would you be able to e-mail me them. My address is: mwells@ourwayschool.com

    Thanks,

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete