Sunday, June 3, 2012

Mixed Emotions About the School Year Ending

        Is anyone else feeling conflicted about the end of the year?  Don't misunderstand me, I L-O-V-E love summer vacation!  I love the freedom to stay up past 9 p.m. and sleep in past 5:15 a.m.  I love being able to eat out for lunch if I choose or wear jeans/shorts and not have to wait until Friday, but man I am also starting to feel a little bummed about the school year ending.  It is perhaps because I had the best possible class of third graders this year.  I know everybody says that about their class but I mean it!  My class was well behaved (even for substitutes), they were sweet to each other, and they worked REALLY hard!  I loved the sponge-like quality that they possessed, actually wanting to soak up everything that I taught and for the most part they had the ability to do it.  They were so awesome in fact that I fear they may have spoiled me forever . . . OK perhaps that was a tad dramatic but I do feel it is necessary to say that this was one of my favorite groups of kids and I will truly be sad to see them go but wish them well in all of their future endeavors!!!
        So, I have to ask, am I crazy?  Or do you guys out there in blog-land also get this feeling sometimes???

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with your sentiment. The last few days of school this year were tough for me too. I had a great class too. I think it is natural to miss a good thing.
    It's kind of like being a kid at summer camp. You start with skeptisism, and then on the last day of camp you can't bear to leave.
    The good feeling comes in August, when they all come back and hug you!

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete